Thursday 31 December 2015

2015

2015; a beautiful year. It was settled, it was calm and it was without stress or anxiety. I wasn't pregnant or didn't have a new baby, we didn't move house or job, we were just settled and loved almost every minute (minus cleaning up dog sick, potty training, cleaning the house, being up all night with a non-sleeping child, standing on duplo etc). 
I'm such a home bird, I love nothing more than being home with my boys snuggled up watching TV. I've never had dreams to travel the world, being a wife and mummy were my aims and this year I feel like I've been able to do both of those well and we've made some really beautiful memories.
A few highlights of this year were our podding adventure with friends in February, a trip to Spain with Marmar in May, birthday celebrations for me, a gorgeous summer off with my boy, a wonderful fortnight in Portugal, a very special 2nd birthday, a trip to Peppa Pig World, a weekend in London and so many other lovely Christmas activities before the big day itself.
We aren't the richest people in the world, we don't have a huge house or amazing cars, we don't earn huge amounts of money or go on magnificent holidays, but I go to bed every single night feeling like the luckiest girl in the world and I believe that's the secret to a happy life; not comparing yourself to other people, not being jealous of what others have that you don't, making the most of what you have and focusing on the little things in life: the smell of your baby's head as you kiss him goodnight, the Friday night bottle of Prosecco with your husband after a busy week, a walk on the beach, a long afternoon nap. Life is beautiful and we are all so so excited for 2016.









No comments:

Post a Comment