Saturday 23 April 2016

What we ate weekend

Daddy has been to Wembley to watch Crystal Palace this weekend so it was just me and my favourite little one in the house. I haven't done a 'what I ate' post in ages so thought I'd do one this weekend.


Breakfast
Henry had mini shredded wheats with berries and I had porridge with berries. Why does porridge taste so much better when it's done in the pan rather than in the microwave? This was exactly what we fancied this morning. We both had orange juice too and I had a cup of decaf tea.

Lunch
After we dropped daddy at the station we called into Knitlsey farm shop which is Henry's favourite place at the moment; he absolutely loves to see the pigs and have a little chat with his friend the butcher too. We picked up a sausage roll for Henry's lunch and a creamy chicken and bacon pie for me. They were warm and fresh out of the oven and we ate them with salad.

Dinner
We went shopping after nap time for a few holiday essentials so stopped for tea while we were there. Henry had the fish noodles with amai sauce and I had the teriyaki chicken donburi with brown rice. He's such lovely company these days, chatting away and devouring his dinner when it arrived.  

On Sunday morning we met my mum for brunch at Broom House Farm. Henry had a 'little farmer's breakfast' and I had a bacon sandwich. Super delicious. It was all devoured by the time I even thought to take a photo but here's my happy boy on the hay bales outside afterwards:

For dinner we made a mild fruity curry which was an Annabel Karmel recipe. Henry loved helping and ate a huge plate full when it was done. After his first mouthful he declared that it was 'blooming marvellous'! It contained loads of veggies and also raisins and apple and we'll definitely be making it again soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment