Sunday 17 July 2016

A nursery fit for a Lion King (or Queen)

Our Baby Simba is now 6 (ish) weeks away from making his or her grand arrival and this weekend we finally finished the nursery. I was getting really stressed out about it and needed it doing so badly; I can only assume it was my nesting instinct kicking in. I needed a place to put all the tiny, freshly-washed baby clothes (another job on my 'to-do' list) and I wanted a home for all the little trinkets and photos I'd spent weeks sourcing and ordering online. 

So last Monday we finally had the decorator in, and after some serious stress over the '50 shades of grey' samples painted on our wall, we went for the palest. A really really subtle, just off-white grey called White Mist (Dulux). 
We then set about filling the room with everything we'd bought, built the cot and moved furniture until I was happy with how it all looked. This was in the midst of a really stressful and hectic week at work, hence not really getting finished until this weekend when my mum kindly took Henry out for us so that we could get finished. 

So here it is, our yellow and grey nursery fit for a beautiful baby lion cub, our baby Simba.


A beautiful little lion rug from Dunelm Mill

Cot and blanket from Mamas and Papas, lion from Jellycat, felt ball garland from Beautiful Little Thing, cushion from M&S and candles from Next

Shelves from eBay (but painted and decorated by me), candle holder from
John Lewis, felt ball garland from Sheep Farm Felt, lion cub from Schleich, print from Etsy and embroidery hoop from Mobia and Ted (Etsy)

Lion toiletries storage bag from John Lewis, bedspread from House of Fraser, bedding from Habitat.

Sleepyhead of Sweden, as recommended by so many mummies. I really better get a good sleeper this time!

 Beautiful dream catcher above the cot by Holly and Teddy (Etsy)

Assorted frames - mainly eBay, various brands, prints from Etsy and Not on the Highstreet, moon and stars from eBay. I love the meaning behind every single one of these prints, photos and little trinkets and look forward to updating them as Simba grows up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment