Tuesday 30 June 2015

Precious moments

You're growing up too fast, little one. It's currently 6am and I'm lying in bed watching you sleep. You're so beautiful spread out right across the bed, your long brown legs stretched out behind you. Your little summer PJs make you look like such a big boy, no more babygros for you and it's oh so bitter sweet for mummy. Gone is my tiny baby and in his place is a handsome little boy that I am so proud to call mine.
Occasionally you make a few little snuffles and roll over to snuggle in to me and I savour every second of these sleepy cuddles; they won't last forever, I know. I kiss your soft baby hair and tell you that I love you, stroke your soft little legs and rub your tiny little feet. You love to be stroked and rubbed, you even had a tantrum at Marmar's the other day when she tried to get you to nap without rubbing cream into you while you snuggled in. 
You are beyond precious and so beautiful, but life is busy and sometimes stressful. That's why these moments of quiet and of peace are so important little one. I get to study you closely, watch how you are growing and thank god that I get to be your mummy every day.
Sometimes, waking up at 5am with you isn't such a bad thing. I love you so much precious boy, I hope you never get too old for snuggles with your mummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment