Wednesday 1 July 2015

Strawberries and sorbet



Today was over 30 degrees and boy was it hot. After an uncomfortable morning stuck in my classroom, Henry and I came home for a picnic lunch in the garden; our first of the year.

We then went to pick strawberries, one of my favourite things to do when I was a little girl. I have so many happy memories of wandering through the fields feeling sick from eating too many strawberries and I think Henry might have those memories too when he grows up judging by the amount he ate today! He absolutely loved pulling the strawberries from the plants and either eating them or throwing them into our basket. There were lots of 'mmmmm's coming from our direction in the field, hopefully no one heard!! A photographer from the local paper took some photos of Henry so hopefully they'll be in the paper soon, he was such a sweetheart. By the time we'd finished he had red rosy cheeks from the heat so we headed off to get some sorbet up the road at Wheelbirks. Today they had rhubarb sorbet which was totally divine and Henry polished off his whole tub and then had a little play outside.
He's now totally exhausted, FILTHY dirty and so happy. I love summer so much.










No comments:

Post a Comment