Tuesday 27 October 2015

Half Term Day 4 - 26/10/15

Today we got up bright and early to go and pick a pumpkin at the Magical Pumpkin Patch at Brocksbushes Farm. We got to ride in the tractor up to a field where there was a little show with a witch which went way over Henry's head. In fact, he seemed pretty terrified of the witch and just wanted to get on with finding a pumpkin! He found his pumpkin buried in the straw and wanted to carry it the whole way home. We're looking forward to carving it later in the week.

We then drove back to Consett and had a quick lunch in Maddison's, which is a little restaurant on the front street. Marmar and I both had a flatbread and they were SO good, mine was goats' cheese, rocket, honey, figs and walnuts. Yummy.


Henry and I then popped into the sling library session at Tesco to pick up a Toddler Connecta sling that we can use for the next few months. They're so handy for fireworks displays and all of the Christmas events that we're going to, as well as being priceless when we visit London in December. Henry fell asleep in it before we'd even left the building so it's a definite winner!!


This meant that I got a Starbucks in total peace with my friend that we'd met up with. She had her 3 week old with her and he slept too meaning that we had well over an hour of chat and hot coffee, a serious treat for any mummy. 

On the evening we dropped Henry off at Marmar's for his second ever sleepover and Mr B and I headed out to see the new James Bond film at the cinema. We arrived early so went to the champagne bar for a few drinks, I had 2 vodka and tonics which felt like such a treat because I haven't been drinking any alcohol on my diet! We had nachos in the cinema too, I'm hoping they don't affect my weigh in too much this week!! 


We then went home and I slept all night long, which pretty much never happens anymore so that was a serious treat too! A very lovely Monday altogether.



No comments:

Post a Comment