Tuesday 21 July 2015

Crazy little toddler

I've blinked and somehow my little baby has grown up into a totally crazy, eccentric little toddler. I loved the newborn days, really really loved them. I then thought that it couldn't get any better than when he started crawling or walking or talking. But it just got better again. He's his own little character, he has his own little quirks and knows exactly what he wants. He's obsessed with horses, loves feeding the birds, loves wearing his wellies and sunglasses all day and generally just adores being outdoors. He's pretty much the opposite of me.


I'm loving these little personality quirks and find myself really encouraging them, something I didn't think I'd ever do.

'My child will fit in with my life and my interests' - that irritating thing that all pregnant period genuinely believe to be true, me included. Fast forward two years and I'm frantically googling to find places that allow one year olds to ride ponies, buying shed loads of carrots to feed the horses and bird seed for the birds. I don't care that he looks a clip trotting around in wellies in July or wearing his sunglasses to wear Peppa Pig, I think he's absolutely bloody hilarious.

He's currently sat next to me with a carrot in either hand, he spotted them in the fridge at 7am and will be still holding the same carrots at 7pm tonight. He'll spend the whole day doing horse impressions and offering us the carrots to eat in the hope that we'll do a horse impression too and have a munch on his carrots. At some point we'll probably go and feed the horses up the road and he may even cry because he wasn't sure if he really wanted to give up his carrots for his beloved horse friends. It's just crazy toddler behaviour and I absolutely love every second. 









No comments:

Post a Comment