Wednesday 2 March 2016

14 weeks pregnant

How far along? 14 weeks. Hello second trimester, let's hope you're less of a bitch than the first! 

Baby is...the size of a lemon

Total weight gain:  Haven't been weighed this week fortunately/unfortunately...depending on how you look at it! 

Maternity clothes? Loving life with maternity wear hahah. Invested in a pair of Topshop under the bump 'Leigh' jeans which are super soft and such good quality denim. As much as I like my New Look jeans for shape and fit, you can tell that they're not particularly the best quality denim. Tops are an issue, all of the maternity stuff in the shops is SO dull, SO expensive or SO frumpy. I really need a shopping trip to find some decent stretchy camis and t shirts I can wear.

Stretch marks?  None yet, had a panic that I had a huge one but it turned out to be a long crease mark from my jeans haha. I bought a Lush Therapy massage bar which I'm loving using, as well as my Bio Oil. 

Sleep: Getting there. I'm permanently exhausted because of Henry's terrible sleep but have been trying to get to bed really early every night which has helped, as have the weekly sleepovers at Marmar's house! 

Best moment this week? Finally finding some decent jeans that I can wear and be comfortable in.

Miss anything? Not hugely, I miss not feeling sick, it's really really getting me down. I try not to think about it or moan too much because I honestly must sound like a broken record after 9 weeks, but I still feel really poorly most days.

Food cravings: Strawberries and curry. I haven't actually had any good curry, but since we went to Akbars the other week it's all I can think about haha. Those poppadoms....

Anything making you queasy or sick?  
Oh yes. Hunger generally is still the worst and it just makes me feel really sick. Certain smells are also pretty bad for making me feel queasy 

Gender: I think boy still, as much as I'd love a baby girl, I'm starting to think of how gorgeous little boys are and how much I'd love another mummy's boy like their big brother. 

Symptoms: Sore boobs, big boobs, sickness, stuffy nose, extreme tiredness, some pelvis pain still. No real change from last week.

Mood: Not too bad, I'm definitely more excited about having a baby this week. I'm looking forward to that first cuddle in the hospital so so much. It'll make all of this so worth it. 

Looking forward to: That cuddle. I remember it so well with Henry, even if it's a little blurry. Best minute of my entire life. I can't wait to do that again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment