Friday 21 November 2014

Henry at 14 months

I can't get over how much has changed in the last month. A month ago I had a little baby who crawled everywhere and said a handful of words here and there. That little baby has turned into a chatterbox toddler almost overnight. It's absolutely amazing how much he's learned in just over 3 weeks. I know I've said it before but this has been my favourite ever month. I love how interactive he's becoming and I love that there's a little personality starting to become very apparent.

Weight: I had Henry weighed at the hospital as part of his dietician appointment a few weeks back. He was 24 pounds exactly which is perfect for his age and height. He's definitely not the little chunky baby that he once was.

Routine: Henry only has one nap most days now. Occasionally he'll have a short morning nap and then a later afternoon nap, but ideally we like him to have a longer 2 hour nap after lunch. He's such a good little napper and now happily naps for me without boob which was a real milestone this month! A little bit of rocking and singing now does the trick. He has a bath at 7:30pm and then goes straight to bed after that. He usually wakes up around 7am.

Food: Same as always, he's an absolute star. We discovered that he doesn't care much for gherkins but he is now loving broccoli which was the only thing he'd refused to eat previously. Favourites this month include pomegranate seeds, marmite rice cakes and grapes.

Sleep: We have good nights and bad nights. He slept through the night again once this month and we've had a few really decent nights. Saying that, I've also  had two of the worst nights ever this week too. Bloody teeth! 

Sizes: Henry is in 12-18 month clothes for the most part, but has really long legs so has moved into 18-24 months for some things. Some 12-18 stuff is huge on him still though; there's a huge variation between shops. He's now in size 5 Pampers nappies.

Milestones: 

• Henry's speech has come on amazingly this month. He is constantly pointing to things and saying 'there' or 'this', he can say Mama, Dadda, Marmar, Parpar, George and Carl (for my cousin!).  Peppa (for Peppa Pig), Pat (for Postman Pat) and Balloo (for Waybuloo). Other random words include key, boo, bang, juice, up, down, star and dog. 

• He now has 12 teeth, so just his canines and another set of molars to go. I'm hoping we may have a break from teething for a little while now, this last lot have been horrendous.

• Henry now only really has a milk feed (boob) at night and occasionally on a morning. I don't feed him at all during the day and I was surprised at how easily he dropped those feeds. He'll drink a cup of coconut milk instead throughout the day and I'm making sure he's getting enough calcium in other ways too...it's become a little obsession recently after our trip to the dietician! 

• Henry now gives kisses and blows kisses complete with a 'mwah' noise. I love this so much, especially when I'm leaving for work on a morning. 

• He can now give a 'high five'. One of Daddy's favourites!

• His songs of the month are 'Wind the bobbin up' (he does the winding, pulling, clapping and pointing), The Hokey Kokey (he just walks around raising his arms when we sing it!) and Incy Wincy Spider (he particularly enjoys the 'down came the rain' actions!). I must say he loves singing and doing the actions and I think it's mainly because of the lovely music class he goes to with my mum on a Friday morning.

• Henry now says 'baa baa' when we ask what the sheep says and opens and closes his mouth for the fish. Super cute. 

That's it for another fun filled month. Once again I've loved every minute of it. Unfortunately my little man has a raging temperature tonight so is feeling under the weather. I'm not envisioning a good night ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment