Sunday 30 November 2014

Starting some Christmas traditions...

Christmas traditions are the best. We had so many when I was little; we went to the same garden centre each year to buy our tree, having our lunch in the cafe and a trip to see Santa too. We always went to the pantomime on Christmas Eve and because it was also my mum's birthday, we always saved our last advent calendar chocolate for her too. We watched the same films year after year, ate the same foods and played the same games. Christmas when we were growing up was always magical and I want Henry's Christmases to be just the same.
Unfortunately the garden centre that we always visited has since closed down, so B&Q had to do for us today. We'd had a huge lunch at Marmar's but we still managed a Christmassy coffee in Starbucks with our little hen before coming home for a nap. His advent calendar is waiting for in the morning, he may only be little but I remember being so excited to get out of bed on a morning in December knowing that I'd have a chocolate waiting for me downstairs, and I know he'll enjoy the novelty of being allowed a chocolate at 7am too.
Yesterday we took him to see Santa for the first time with his cousins. We went ice skating (while Henry napped), drank mulled wine outside, ate roasted chestnuts, fed the reindeer and enjoyed some family time all together. It was pretty perfect and I'm so looking forward to many more perfect Christmases with my beautiful little family, making traditions together that we'll remember for a lifetime. Here are a few photos from our weekend...I really wish it didn't have to end.









No comments:

Post a Comment