Thursday 20 November 2014

I love being his Mummy

I just popped to Tesco to buy a couple of bits and as it was Henry's snack time, decided to pop into Starbucks for a drink and snack. I was sat drinking my lovely Christmassy coffee (in a red cup of course!) and Henry was eating his fruit and drinking his juice, and I was just thinking how much I love being his Mummy. I would never have thought that a one year old could be good company, but he is. 
A simple trip to the supermarket is so much nicer with a little one. We marvelled at the enormous Christmas tree in Tesco, stroked the penguins on the Christmas jumpers, looked at the pretty lights outside. Having a little one in tow makes you slow down, it makes you appreciate how beautiful the world is as you point out the twinkling stars at night, as your little one points and shouts to the birds sitting in the trees. You chat more, sing more, smile more, love so much more.
The little mundane things in life are the best. The sleepy snuggles, the nursery rhymes, bath time giggles, new words and tricks. I adore being Henry's mummy more than anything in the world.


1 comment: