Monday 16 March 2015

Absolute perfection

I'm still searching desperately for that pause button on our life. Life is just whizzing by and I feel like I'm wishing the days away every time I utter the words "I can't wait for the summer!".
Life is so lovely and easy at the moment; we're settled and happy and I don't want that to change. In the past few years we were planning a wedding, got married, bought a house, moved 300 miles away, both started new jobs, planned a baby, got pregnant, had a baby, enjoyed maternity leave knowing it wasn't forever, adjusted back to work, this time as working mummy...and here we are, just settled with nothing huge on the horizon for the foreseeable future and it's honestly the first time in years. That's not to say that the last few years haven't been fantastic, they just haven't been settled the way things are now. 
I'm in no rush to have another baby, despite the crazy broodiness. If anything, I feel as though I want to wait longer as time goes on. I love how easy Henry is now. I can have a bath at night, watch TV once he's in bed, go out with my friends and leave him with Daddy, go out with Daddy and leave him with Marmar, take him out for relaxing dinners out, out for day trips and on holiday, we sleep longer than we have in over a year, he eats anything, is no longer hugely clingy, can help me cook, help me clean and watch Peppa Pig should I need to get something done. The list is endless. He's just so so easy. I love my job, I love being a wife and mummy, we have no major worries and I love that. 
I have adored being a mummy from day one and I'm actually terrified that our next baby will be super fussy, a terrible eater, or, like their brother, a terrible sleeper!! I'm worried that it'll ruin our easy, happy little existence. I recognise that this is absolutely ridiculous, especially for someone who would like 5 children!! I'm sure I'll change my mind eventually or the broodiness will invade the sane part of my brain, but for now I am just loving being a family of three. I'm looking forward to 2 lovely holidays this summer, day trips out and some sunshine, and for the first time in years, we have no huge changes ahead. Now, if only I could slow down time just a tiny bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment