Tuesday 3 March 2015

Dear Henry - March 2015

My Little One,
I haven't written to you for months, I keep meaning to but never seem to sit down for long enough; you certainly keep us on our toes. You are now 17 months old and you are just a little delight. You are growing up faster than ever and are now a proper little boy, not a baby anymore.
You still go to Marmar's house every morning and you absolutely adore her and Parpar. You go to all kinds of baby groups with Marmar and love them but your favourite thing to do with her is to make bread! It's the first thing you want to do on a morning before I've even left you and when I pick you up you can't wait to show me what you've made. You love baking with Mummy at home and making smoothies too, I love that you enjoy it so much and love having a little helper in the kitchen.
You still eat SO well, there's nothing you won't have and you eat so much too. You still love beef the best: casserole, meatballs, bolognaise etc. You also love jelly and fruit for your pudding and corn on the cob is also a hit! When you're teething or poorly you go off your food, but apart from that you're just so easy to feed. You still don't have any milk or eggs but we're off to the hospital tomorrow for an appointment so hopefully we might be able to start reintroducing those soon. I still breastfeed you on a night time and you love it so much and so do I. Your little face lights up when I ask if you want milkies and you come running over. We'll probably  stop when you're around two, hopefully you'll be ready then and you'll be able to have some dairy for calcium too.
You are chatting lots now and understand so much of what we say to you. I really love your little personality that's starting to shine through and although you're starting to have little tantrums if you don't get your own way, you're generally so laid back and easy going, very like Daddy! Everyone still says you look like him and you love spending time with your Daddy. He baths you every night and takes you out if Mummy is out or having a lie in. We try to do things as a family on a weekend when we aren't working and love taking you out with us.
Unfortunately you're still not a bit fan of sleeping! You'll probably read this when you're a teenager and I'll probably spend all of my life nagging you to get out of bed, but at the moment it's the opposite!! To be fair you're much better and you do have some nights where you sleep through....but not very often!! I do secretly love the snuggles we have on a night though and I wouldn't change you for the world....I just hope your future brothers or sisters sleep better than you do!
I adore being your mummy, little one. I love spending time with you so much. Today after work we had a nap together and then we went to the farm to see the animals before going to the park. It was bitterly cold but we wrapped up warm and you were just so happy toddling around having fun. We then met Daddy for coffee (juice for you) at Starbucks and you played while we drank our coffees and chatted. We don't do anything particularly exciting, but we have so much fun together. Last week was half term and we went on a little adventure to Norfolk with Holly, Tom and Jessica. You loved Jess and could say her name and you both enjoyed having a little friend to play with. You mostly enjoyed chasing the wild cats and feeding the ducks by our little pods in the forest. I just love making memories with you and our little family.
You are my best friend, little one. I don't just love being a mummy, I love being your mummy and you brighten up our days so much. I can't imagine life without you now and you're just so precious to us. We have so many adventures ahead of us, life is just so exciting. Don't grow up too fast though, little one. You will always be my baby but it's scary how quickly the time is passing.
I love you to the moon and back my beautiful boy. I promise to write to you again soon.
Mummy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment