Monday 9 March 2015

Some serious quality time

We've had such a lovely few days spending some quality time together. I'm making a real effort to get out and about and do lovely things with Henry when I'm not at work; it's so easy to just nap with him on an afternoon and then stay in our PJs and chill out all weekend after an exhausting week. I then feel ridiculously guilty and the time just seems to pass so quickly, so recently we've been getting out and about lots and it's been so lovely. Here's what we've been up to over the weekend and today. 

Saturday 
On Saturday morning Henry and I tried a new baby group which was great. It was all singing based and Henry really loved it. The one downside to working mornings is I miss out on taking him to groups so I really enjoyed being a proper mummy for once! Afterwards we went home for a nap and ended up all in bed together: Mummy, Daddy and Henry at the top and George at the bottom!! When we got up we took Henry to a little soft play and had a coffee too, that's the benefit of having Daddy with us on a weekend, we can take turns to play so we both can have a sit down and relaxing cup of coffee too. Afterwards we did some shopping and had tea at Wagamama. Henry was an absolute angel while we ate, we were both so incredibly proud of him. He sat so well waiting for food and then demolished his plate of fish and noodles and plenty of my chicken and rice too. Once he was in bed later on, we cracked open a bottle of red and had a lovely relaxing evening.

Sunday 
We started Sunday off with a chilly walk with the dog along the old railway path. We then went to the farm shop where Henry discovered free samples on the counter!! He absolutely loved the corned beef and was really cross that I wouldn't let him have more. We ended up buying him a slice for his lunch because he loved it so much and because we felt so guilty that he'd eaten so many of the samples!! We then went home for a nap and played at home for a bit before going to the garden centre down the road for a coffee and for Henry to play in the play tunnel. 

Monday
I rushed out of work today to get home to pick Henry up and take him swimming. The only afternoon swimming session I've been able to find for us is on a Monday and it's the one day that I usually work all day.  I've recently swapped my afternoons though, so we made the most of it today and went swimming for the afternoon. Henry was so happy splashing around and giggling away, he was just gorgeous. It's obligatory to have snack time after swimming so we went to the cafe and discovered their amazing range of free from goodies!! I treated myself to a gorgeous chocolate orange tart and got Henry a few treats and some juice. We sat together and 'chatted' (one way conversation!!) and had a really lovely time. It sounds ridiculous but he's such good company and I just love spending time with him. We then came home and after a short sleep in the car (him, not me), we are now snuggled up under a blanket watching Postman Pat. 
Tomorrow afternoon we are off to baby gym with some friends and then later in the week we're going for coffee and to a lovely play centre in the city centre. I'm really loving all this quality time with my little one.



No comments:

Post a Comment