Tuesday 14 April 2015

Best days of your life?



There's a famous saying about the school days being the best days of your life and I remember thinking it was absolutely rubbish while I was at school, but within months of leaving knew that people were absolutely right. 

That was until I became a mother. I was driving home from having lunch out earlier and realised that actually, these days of maternity leave, part time working and being a mummy are by far the best days of my life so far, and when I look back in the future I know that I won't remember the sleepless nights or the eczema battles, I won't remember the messy house or dairy free period. I will remember the lunches out, farm trips, afternoon snuggles and wonder as I watched my tiny baby grow before my eyes. I will be so desperately sad when these days are over because I love them so much.

We don't have huge pots of money and can't afford to do hugely exciting things every day. When I finish work we might pop to the farm where we have an annual pass or go to soft play. We might meet up with friends, go swimming or have lunch out with Marmar and Parpar. Sometimes we meet Daddy for coffee in Starbucks and other times we just come home for a nap and a snuggle. We honestly don't do anything out of the ordinary, but I adore every single second. 

Today I met Henry, Marmar and Parpar to go out for lunch and to have a wander round our local food and craft market. We stocked up on dairy free treats for me and Henry and ate our body weight in tasty food for lunch. We went outside to look at the animals, cuddled an escapee lamb that kept jumping out of the field, came home for coffee and cake and cuddled for an hour. My heart was full enough as it was when Henry brought over a framed photo of our wedding that he'd taken off the window sill. He pointed to us, said "Mama, Dada" then kissed both of us in the photo. He learns new things every day and I adore watching him grow up.

I may not have appreciated my school days, but one thing's for sure: I will never ever forgot these beautiful simple days. I appreciate every single lunch out, trip to the farm, every snuggle from my little boy, every smile, every laugh and every milestone. These blissfully simple days, full of pure love, are the very best of my life. 








No comments:

Post a Comment