Wednesday 22 April 2015

Weight Watchers - Week 1

I was really luckily in that it only took me around 5 weeks to lose my baby weight once Henry was born. I then went on to lose another stone and a half, but when I started to cut down on breastfeeds, it started to creep back on. I'd only put on a few more pounds, but I was determined to do something about it before I had put the whole lot back on. 
I'd got in to some bad eating habits during pregnancy and breastfeeding: massive portions, snacking a lot and always having an unhealthy treat on an evening, and it was definitely time to break those habits.
 I'd like to have another baby next year and so I have the rest of this year to get my body in to the best shape possible so that it's as healthy as it can be. I can't believe that it's almost May and the year is just running away with us. 
All of these things led to the decision for us to join Weight Watchers. We'd been members previously before we got married and it really worked for us so we went along to a local meeting last Wednesday. 
Having Henry with us means that we can't really stay for the meeting, but it's the actual weighing in bit that spurs you on throughout the week.
I found this week difficult, I'll be totally honest. I'm going from eating 3 huge meals, snacking all day and treating myself, to having 27 propoints, which allows me a small breakfast, salad for lunch and a small, balanced dinner. I've been snacking on fruit and vegetables which has certainly been different to rocky road, but a lot healthier I suppose! It got easier towards the end of the week and I managed a meal out with friends where I ate loads of tapas and didn't have to restrict what I ate too much. 
Anyway, we went for weigh in tonight and I was thrilled to have lost 6 pounds! I was expecting around 3 or 4, so 6 was a massive shock. I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose now, so I'd be happy with a consistent 2 pounds per week for the next few weeks before going away on holiday at the end of May. I'll write a short blog every week to keep you updated with how I'm getting on.




No comments:

Post a Comment