Thursday 18 August 2016

38 weeks pregnant

How far along? 38 weeks

Baby is...the size of a pumpkin  

Weight gain...braved the scales for the first time in months recently and surprised to have only put 2 stone on. I put on a similar amount with Henry and it had dropped off within a few weeks of breastfeeding, so I'm really hoping that happens again. 

Stretch marks? Still none, hopefully on to my last bottle of Bio Oil now and hoping my skin holds out! 

Sleep: Really bloody good. Usually a good 7 or 8 hours in a row, still not getting up for the loo really, so overall I can't complain. Need to get all the sleep I can now while it lasts, I'm aware that it may be another 3 years before I get any again! 

Best moment this week? So many lovely days out with Henry, really enjoying and appreciating every last memory we make together, just the two of us (and daddy too on a weekend!)

Miss anything? Lying on the sofa comfortably. I'm a lot more comfortable sitting on my birthing ball but I really just want to lie down and not move from the sofa all evening instead of sitting totally upright. 

Food cravings: Nothing really, but I'm a lot hungrier than I have been and eating plenty of tasty treats while I have a good excuse.

Gender: I honestly don't know. We aren't sure about our boy's name now so I'm hoping for a girl simply because we have a definite name for her. I'm beyond excited to find out now, I really can't wait. 

Symptoms: Honestly none. Except for the amazingness of no spots, non-greasy hair and no leg hair, I honestly wouldn't think I was pregnant. I have plenty of energy, I'm happy, the heat hasn't bothered me, I haven't got the slightest bit of swelling, wedding rings still fit, I'm not desperate to give birth, it's all good. The first half of this pregnancy was hell on earth, but since 20 weeks it's really been a breeze compared to last time.

Mood? Really emotional but happy and excited about what's to come. 

Labour signs? I've had a lot of twinges and painful braxton hicks where I've thought 'Is this it?' and had a minor panic. But other than that nothing that makes me think that labour is imminent.

Appointments: My 38 week midwife appointment where everything was so fine and normal that she decided I didn't need weekly appointments and I was fine to see her at 40 weeks, so my next appointment will be my due date! Eeeek!

Looking forward to: Finding out what we're having and those very first newborn snuggles

38 week pic to come

No comments:

Post a Comment