Saturday 6 August 2016

Our summer holidays - week 2


Batch cooking for Simba's arrival. 3 portions of bolognaise and 3 portions of sausage casserole. 

Loving having more time at bedtime to read more stories, have more cuddles and just to sit and watch him. Usually
I'm running around trying to get work for school done or a load of washing in before bed or whatever so it's been so nice to slow down. 

This week we tried a great free class run by OASES in a local park by us. Bugs were the theme of the week and Henry loved hunting for bugs, making clay bugs, playing bug themed games and having a snack with the other boys and girls. Hoping for nice weather again this week so we can go back. 

And back to the 'cinema' at the community centre with a bag of popcorn and a cup of juice. £2 well spent.

My mum has had Henry for me a couple of mornings or afternoons this week so I can do what other people do on maternity leave and just chill out. It's the one downside to not having had Henry at nursery previously. Most of my friends have had a guaranteed few days where their toddler has been at nursery for them to sleep and catch up on some baby jobs, but I haven't necessarily had that. Thank goodness for mums and thank goodness for the amazing new Harry Potter book which I have been loving this week! 

A trip to Gateshead quayside to go to the Sage, Baltic and to have a walk over the Millennium Bridge. 

Play Tyne at the Baltic. So so worth a visit but it was packed when we went so I think we'll wait until the schools are back to go again. 

A family walk at Allensford.

My friend's 30th afternoon tea at the new Crowne Plaza in Newcastle. So yummy and the pomegranate mocktails were pretty good too! 

Out for anniversary dinner with daddy. Feeling huge! 

A morning at the farm having breakfast with Marmar and Parpar and seeing the animals

Nap time with this gorgeous one. I'm feeling really sad about not being able to have naps like this, just the two of us, for much longer.

And that's it. Another whole week over but lots of happy memories made with my beautiful little family....and only 3 weeks to go until Simba is due! Eeek!










No comments:

Post a Comment