Saturday 27 August 2016

Our summer holidays - week 5

And so week 5 is over and if my due date is anything to go by, potentially our last full week! Time seems to be slipping through my fingers and I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone. Here's our week 5 update and I really hope we have a week 6 update next week at least....just hold on a week or two more baby Simba! 

Arrived back from his Marmar's fast asleep after a sleepover and busy morning. I just sat and cuddled him for well over an hour and he was so pleased to see me when he woke up. Just beautiful. 

Been loving my baths this week with my Kindle. I pretty much spend the entire evening in there eating and drinking and it's so relaxing.

Our usual (but last) oases session in the park. The theme was mud and sticks and this little one thoroughly enjoyed digging up mud, making mud pies, painting with mud and lots of other messy fun! No community centre cinema session for us this week, we saw our friends at the garden centre for lunch straight after instead.

Another swimming morning, this time to the special Finding Dory session at the local pool. He loved it, I I was bloody knackered! We had lunch afterwards in the cafe and then home for a snuggle and nap.

A lovely walk on the old railway collecting leaves, berries and flowers in an old party bag!

Finishing our dream catcher with all of the things we found on our walk.

Daddy plays football on a Wednesday so this little one and I had a bath, got into our PJs, made a huge bowl of popcorn, snuggled up and watched a film together.  It was absolutely lush and I think we'll be doing it again this week if we are still babyless by Wednesday night!

A Museum Mice class at the Hancock in Newcastle. Loads of dinosaur activities and games.

Followed by lunch in Jamie's Italian.

A really really lazy start to our Friday. A breakfast picnic on the living room floor - hot cinammon buns, orange juice, yogurt and berries. Henry loves nothing more than a picnic and it was so lovely to slow down a bit and not be rushing out of the house. 

Wheelbirks for lunch and ice cream! 

Another sleepover at Marmar's meant mummy got to put her feet up, finish her book and watch an entire film with Daddy before bed. 

A lazy Sunday tea at Zizzi












No comments:

Post a Comment