Monday 1 December 2014

Blogmas - Day 1

So here is my attempt at blogging every day until Christmas...I'll certainly try my best. Some days I might just do a really short blog post and I think I'm going to aim to do a 'What I Ate Wednesday' and 'Throwback Thursday' each week too. Who knows how it'll go, I've definitely been neglecting my blog a little recently so hopefully it'll get me back on track.

Throughout Blogmas, I'm also going to share with you what I got in my advent calendar each day. I would usually have a Thornton's advent calendar to munch on, but because I can't have any dairy this year I treated myself to the Selfridges advent calendar instead. 
Today I received a small bottle of Opium by YSL. I was really excited to try it but lo and behold...it smells very strongly of old ladies (sorry for anyone who loves this scent...it's just not very 'me' at all). So not the best start ever but I'm still excited for the next 23 gifts in the run up to Christmas.

Henry has a dairy free chocolate calendar and a lovely Gruffalo one with pictures behind the windows and he loved opening both of them today.

Today also saw our dog baby turn 6! I can't believe we've been actual responsible dog owners for all that time, it's scary how quickly the years pass. I remember when we had George as a puppy so many people would say 'just you wait till you have a baby' if we complained about being tired or about how hard work it was. All I can say is, they were SO wrong. Our first week with George was ten times more fraught and difficult than our first week with Henry; mainly due to the fact that newborns can't really go anywhere when you put them down whereas dogs can get bloody far in 10 seconds and destruction usually follows. 
Anyway, minus the first crazy weeks, we've loved every second of our crazy dog friend. He's the most loving and loyal boy and I love him so much more now I've seen how gentle he is with his baby brother. When Mr B goes out to play football on a Wednesday, George takes himself up to Henry's room and sleeps underneath his cot, it's just his little way of protecting him when our other protector is gone and it melts my heart every time. When I've had a bad day, he can read my mood and I often have a wet nose in my lap to try to cheer me up...or just looking for a stroke. We love him so much and our family wouldn't be complete without him. So a huge happy birthday to our gorgeous George Juan Antonio Spudgun Barker....6 today! (Don't ask where the name came from....just call him George! 

2 comments: