Thursday 8 January 2015

January Favourites

I haven't done a favourites post in ages, but after Christmas I've got lots of new favourites to share, so here goes:

Philosophy - Purity Cleanser
I used this cleanser a few years back and loved it but forgot all about it until I received this again for Christmas. I absolutely love this cleanser; it makes my face so squeaky clean without drying it out too much. 

Benefit - Boi-ing concealer
This is another Christmas present and probably the best concealer I've found to date. I love Benefit's 'Fake Up' too, they're both really moisturising and actually cover dark circles, which most other concealers I've tried really fail to do!

Lancôme - Hypnôse Drama
I got this mini size mascara in my Selfridge's Advent calendar and it's brilliant. Definitely one of my favourites.

Calpol - vapour plug and nightlight 
Sorry for the boring baby product but we have been loving this this month. Henry was full of cold and had a chest infection last month and this helped him so much. He didn't have a night where he struggled to breathe or feed because of a blocked nose and this helped his cough massively too. I often wake up feeling a bit bunged up but this made me feel so much better too. The refills aren't cheap, at over £1 each (they only last one night) but they're definitely worth it if you have a poorly little one. They are lavender and chamomile scented and I'm sure the lavender helped Henry to sleep too as we had some excellent nights when using this! I think I might try having some dried lavender in Henry's bedroom from now on to see if that helps. It'll definitely be cheaper!

L'Occitane - Fleur de Cerisier eau de toilette
I got this bottle of eau de toilette for Christmas and love it. It's a little bit more 'mature' than my other perfumes but I've been wearing it every day recently and it's definitely become one of my favourites.

L'Occitane hand creams
I have a few different hand creams on the go at the moment and the L'Occitane ones are by far my favourites. I've had such dry hands recently (the joys of trying to keep conjunctivitis from spreading!) and so I've really needed to apply hand cream several times a day. A lot of other hand creams stay greasy for ages and you have to stop what you're doing for a good 10 minutes to let them sink in, but these hand creams just aren't like that at all. They sink in straight away, feel lovely, and smell amazing too. I've been loving the lemon verbena and shea butter scented ones as well. 

Bottle Green - apple and plum cordial
I first tried this cordial in Nando's and I love it. It's not cheap compared to other squashes that are available but it's worth every penny. I especially like it because it only contains natural ingredients rather than being full of sweeteners and artificial colours like other drinks you can buy. It means I'm much happier for Henry to drink it too and he loves it!


And that's it for this month's favourites. I always enjoy reading these on other people's blogs so hope you've enjoyed reading mine for January. 


No comments:

Post a Comment