Saturday 3 January 2015

My aims for 2015

I decided not to do the usual New Year's resolutions this year, they always end up broken and instead I decided to think more broadly of what I'd like to aim for in 2015. Here they are:

• Be healthier. I definitely want to get fitter and lose another half a stone or so this year. I lost almost 2 stone last year and only have a few more pounds to lose before having a healthy BMI. I really really want to do that by the end of the year and I know it's totally doable if I put my mind to it. I'd like to exercise more too, even if it's just a walk with the pram or a mile run on an evening. Both of these are much easier in the summer so I'll really make the extra effort this year once the nights are a little brighter and the temperature warmer. We'd really like another baby when Henry is 3 (2016) so by the end of this year I want to make sure I'm as healthy as possible to prepare myself for that. Last time I had such an easy pregnancy, uncomplicated birth and amazing recovery and I really want to give myself the best chance of doing that again. I certainly won't be an 'old' mum, but I'll be three years older than before, so a few extra pounds and increased fitness can't hurt!


• I'd like to have more of a routine on an afternoon when I get in from work. At the moment my mum goes to lots of groups and classes with Henry on a morning and then on an afternoon Henry and I both have a nap. This has been great but it means I'm not really enjoying any quality time with Henry; Im either at work or asleep! The plan is to have at least one or two afternoons a week where we do something before nap time, swimming or a baby group hopefully. I'm going to have a good search online this week to find things for us to do together, even if it means I have to miss a nap once a week....eek!


• I'd like to have more technology-free time at home this year. It's so easy to sit glued to our phones and totally ignore what Henry's doing. I'm sure all parents are guilty of it sometimes. I want to really make the effort to put my phone and laptop away until he's in bed and just sit with him and give him the attention that he needs. The same for Mr B too, ideally I think we should have one evening a week where we leave our phones in another room. I'm not sure how he'll feel about this yet....he's a Twitter addict at the moment so who knows! Technology is a great thing, but it totally stops people from communicating normally too so I definitely want to make more of an effort to be aware of this this coming year.


And that's it. No set in stone 'resolutions' as such, just a few hopes for the coming year. I'm looking forward to reflecting on them on my blog in a year's time.



No comments:

Post a Comment