Friday 2 January 2015

What I got for Christmas

I was well and truly spoilt this Christmas, I have to say. When I was little I never understood why my mum didn't run down the stairs and tear open her presents the way that we did. I couldn't fathom why she wouldn't be excited about her presents and be more excited to see what Santa had brought us. This year I got it. My presents were left in a pile until Henry had opened his stocking and every one of his presents. I think we'd even had breakfast before I sat down to open mine. Despite being more excited about Henry's gifts, I received so many lovely things myself. Here's a few of them that I managed to take photos of before putting them all away.
• Mr B bought me a lovely Nails Inc red nail varnish which is a perfect shade for Xmas. I thought he'd done really well to choose it himself, but apparently the shop assistant chose it for him!

• My mum bought me this L'Occitane gift box which is full of Cherry blossom scented goodies. I absolutely love this scent and particularly love the eau de toilette which I've been wearing over the past week. A real treat because I can't justify spending this much on toiletries for myself.

• Mr B also bought me this lovely stripey jumper from Oasis. I love the mustard colour and it's nice and thin so it's super easy to wear. Love it.

• My lovely friend bought me this Boi-ing concealer which she's been telling me about for ages. I really really love it. I've never had a concealer that I feel really works; even YSL Touche Éclat was a massive let down, but I love this one. It's really easy to build up for those days where I'm particularly tired-looking and it's great for spots too.

• My bath unit is now full of lovely Molton Brown goodies thanks to Mr B. I especially appreciate this present because I know how much it pains him to pay so much for shower gel! I absolutely love Molton Brown and he did well with the scents too.

• I got this lovely Ciaté set from my brother and sister in law. It's a bottle of varnish and a pot of glitter to sprinkle over. I absolutely love coral shades so loved this. If only Henry would give me 5 minutes peace to paint my nails!!

• I love our new bedding so much. My mum bought the duvet set from M&S and Mr B bought the pillows. It's really brightened up our room.

• My brother bought us a bottle of Ambriel sparkling wine which is made in England. I've heard of it before because it's won loads of awards and am excited to try it. It's a particular treat because we rarely spend more than £5 on a bottle of wine for ourselves from the supermarket!

• Everyone needs cosy slippers for Christmas. My gorgeous niece chose these for me and I absolutely love them.

• Mr B bought me these gorgeous rose gold heart studs which I've had my eyes on for ages. I've been wearing the same pair of diamond studs for over 3 years now so it was definitely time for an alternative!! I love them.

I was a very spoilt mama this Christmas and appreciate having such a huge family at Christmas time. It costs us a fortune to buy for everyone, Christmas shopping takes hours of buying and hours to wrap but it's so worth it. Better start shopping for next year soon I think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment