Thursday 29 January 2015

My little helper

For the past 16 months my housework has taken a backseat; quite rightly too! It's only now that Henry can sit and play by himself or watch some tv while I quickly clean bathrooms, polish or have a tidy around. Mr B has been a big help in the last year, as has my mum, but quite honestly I just don't care that our house hasn't been in tip top shape, it really doesn't matter. Yes, the skirting boards could do with a dust, the airing cupboard could do with a tidy, but the basics have been done, it's clean and it won't be forever.
Anyway I really feel that I have more time for housework now that Henry's a bit older. He goes to bed nice and early so I can do some ironing once a week and while he's eating I usually have a quick blitz of the kitchen. 
Recently Henry's been absolutely obsessed with the Hoover; for the last few weeks he's walked around the house shouting 'ooova ooova' trying to get me to let him in the cupboard to see it!! When it's been out he just loves it, pressing all the buttons, sitting on it etc, he's really been making us laugh. Anyway I saw a baby Dyson online in the January sales and couldn't resist and he absolutely loves it! Every time we come in the front door and he remembers about it he shouts 'ooova' until he finds it and he loves helping me to hoover up! I also bought him a little mop and bucket because he loves helping my mum mop her floor. I put a bit of water and some washing up liquid in his bucket and swish it around to make it nice and foamy and he has an absolute whale of a time. While he's sloshing water all over my floor, I quickly run around after him with the floor cleaner and actually mop it properly with the big mop. 
Today he decided to throw his water all over the floor and paddle in it, something that would have stressed me out a few months back. I just chucked an old towel down and mopped it up, took his socks off and changed his trousers. Not such a big deal after all; he had fun, the floor was mopped, all good. I'm loving the age that he is at the moment, he's so interactive and understands so much of what's going on or what we're saying to him. Just a few minutes ago he pointed out of the window and shouted 'Mama! Moon!' Something so simple but it melted my heart. I love him so so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment