Saturday 11 October 2014

Turkey and Apple meatballs - cooking for a toddler

I LOVE cooking for Henry, he's such an easy baby to feed and always enjoys his dinner. Tonight I tried something a bit new and it was a definite hit with my little one, so thought I'd share on the blog in case anyone else is looking for some inspiration.  I saw a recipe for chicken and apple balls in my Annabel Karmel recipe book which is what inspired me to make these, with a few tweaks here and there. They're actually really healthy too, I think we'll all be having these for our tea in the next week or two.

Turkey and apple meatballs
Makes around 30 balls



Ingredients 
300g minced turkey
50g fresh breadcrumbs
1 onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
2 apples, cored, peeled and grated and then the juice squeezed out
Salt and pepper
1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
Plain flour for coating
Olive oil for frying 



Method

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Roll into small balls and then roll lightly in the flour.
Fry until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve immediately.




Henry had his meatballs served with green beans and sweetcorn which he loves, but you could pretty much have them with anything; we might try them on pasta next. The apple in them makes them really sweet and the herbs make them so tasty. A lovely Saturday night treat for my little hen.


No comments:

Post a Comment