Wednesday 31 December 2014

A resolution to be proud of

I posted this exactly a year ago today, I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with blogging for a whole year and I'm so glad that I have recorded memories to look back on in years to come. I love looking back now, so can't imagine how wonderful it will be in 40 years time when I can look back on them with my grown up son and perhaps even grandchildren. The Internet is a wonderful thing sometimes. I'm glad that I was able to record the honest truth, day by day, of what our life was like in 2014. I haven't silver plated anything, I wrote about days where all I wanted to do was stay in bed and cry (usually due to sheer exhaustion) and I wrote about days where the fierce and intense love that I felt for my little boy just took my breath away. That's the joys of motherhood, especially that first year, it's a huge mix of emotions, a rollercoaster full of laughter, tears, tantrums, smiles and so much love. I'm so glad that I could capture that in a blog. I can't believe how much I've forgotten about having a newborn baby, how much I don't remember about my labour. I don't remember how we went about weaning Henry or how I really felt about going back to work; there is so much I'd have forgotten if it weren't for this blog.
 I thought that when it came to 2015 I'd probably stop blogging. I saw it as a year long project that I wanted to stick with until the end of the year, but I can't see that happening now. I love that our holidays are recorded and documented, birthdays and Christmases are photographed and written about, it's like I'm creating a huge journal for my family to look back on in the future. I have a couple of books upstairs that my mum made when I was younger after our two Disney holidays in Florida. I love looking at them, seeing the photos, reading about what we got up to. And ultimately that's all that this blog is, just in digital form. In 2015 we have more adventures planned, holidays, trips out. Henry will meet more milestones, I will experience new emotions as a mummy, I'm sure. I'm hoping that 2016 will involve a sibling for Henry, so it'll be nice to record how I'm preparing my body for that...and how I'm enjoying a few months of not being pregnant or breastfeeding (hopefully by the latter part of 2015). Thinking a couple of years ahead, I'd love to be able to record my next pregnancy for our next child. It's such a shame that Henry's part of the blog only starts from him being 3 months old; how lovely it would have been to have had weekly bump updates and the like. Hopefully next time. 
I also feel connected somehow to the followers of this blog. It's had almost 30,000 page views this year which is just incredible. I never ever expected that to happen and it's not something I try to dwell on when I write. Ultimately this is my diary and it's written for me and for Henry when he's older, but it's lovely to share our lives with so many people from around the world. I don't tend to look at the blog stats too much, but one thing that always catches my attention is the different countries where my blog is being read: from the Ukraine to Israel, Iraq to Australia, Canada to Poland. Thank you all so very much for reading this year, here's to the next lot of adventures in 2015. I wish you all a very happy and healthy year.
Bee x

(I've written this while Henry's been down for his morning nap...I should have been ironing....never mind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment