Tuesday 10 February 2015

A rare morning off

As you will know I work every morning Monday to Friday and although I actually love working those hours, I do really miss out on going to baby groups with Henry. There are virtually no groups on afternoons and so I usually only take Henry to baby gym on a Friday. I've also found it impossible to find anywhere that I can take him swimming each week unless we get actual lessons which is really annoying, but that's another story for another day!!
Work needed me to swap my hours today so I worked his afternoon instead of this morning and it was such a rare and lovely treat to spend the whole morning with my little one. 
My mum usually takes Henry to a music group on a Tuesday morning so Marmar had a well earned morning off while I took Henry. I would like to say he loved it and I was really proud of him, but he was actually a little tinker and was more interested in doing naughty things than playing instruments and singing! Having said that, it was lovely to see him interacting with other children and to chat to some of the other mummies that know Henry so well, yet that I've never met. It was strange walking in and total strangers saying hello to Henry.
Afterwards we went to a food and gift market up the road that we try to go to each month. We stocked up on our usual dairy free treats and had a wander round outside so Henry could see all of the animals. It was so lovely having a relaxed and lazy morning, just wandering around and enjoying the gorgeous sunshine; it really felt like Spring today.
Back to my normal hours tomorrow and I must say, I'm looking forward to an afternoon nap, but this morning was just perfect and I loved every second.



No comments:

Post a Comment