Wednesday 25 February 2015

Never lonely

Mr B is away with work tonight so it's just been me and the little one all afternoon and evening. Once upon a time I hated when Mr B was away, I'd feel really lonely, hated just cooking for myself and would be so bored. Henry has changed all that. Yes, we miss Daddy when he's away, but having a little friend in the house with me makes everything ok.
After our nap today we popped to Morissons to get a few things and had a snack in their cafe. Henry loves Innocent smoothies so he had one of those and some fruit while I had a coffee. He was such a good boy I let him have a go on the Peppa car outside which he absolutely loves, his little face was a picture the whole time.

We then came home and he helped me to make meatballs. He loves putting the bread in the blender to make breadcrumbs and squeals with excitement when they're spinning round and round. He then helps me to roll the meatballs up and then throws them into the tomato sauce when they're done. 

With him being poorly this week, he hasn't eaten much, but he ate loads of meatballs for tea so that was a relief; it's definitely one of his favourite teas. He even had room for some olives and some watermelon too, he must be on the mend.
I've just got him off to bed, and whereas once I would have been bored sitting on my own, I'm really looking forward to a quiet night watching trashy tv and then having a quiet bath to myself before bed. I'm definitely getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment