Saturday 14 February 2015

Half Term Day 1 - Valentine's Day

Some of my favourite blogs to look back on are my diary style ones of holidays or trips away, so I thought I'd write a blog a day during half term. Here goes...


I started today with a lush lie in while the boys watched cartoons downstairs. Mr B and I exchanged Valentine's cards then Henry and I then got dressed and went off to meet our friends at the farm for the morning.

 Henry had a whale of a time with his little friends and it was lovely catching up with my friends over a cup of tea while the boys played. We fed the animals, saw day old chicks and had a tractor ride...all in all, a lovely morning. Henry was absolutely shattered and then had a long nap when we got in so we all went to bed for an hour or so to catch up on some sleep.

My mum came over tonight to babysit so we could go out for a baby-free dinner for Valentine's Day. We went to Akbars in Newcastle, one of our favourite places. It was lovely getting dressed up, holding hands, chatting over dinner and wine and then singing really loudly along to Blur on the way home. After we'd finished dinner we got a text from my mum to say that Henry was fast asleep so we made the most of it and went out for a drink on the way home. We're so lucky to have her and if you're reading this in years to come, Henry, I promise that we'll babysit for you on Valentine's Day.

We're now drinking pink fizz in our PJs after a successful February 14th...last year we were driving back from Norfolk, Mr B had acute sickness and diarrhoea and had to be left in a Travelodge on the A1 while I drove home, feeling really poorly myself, with the dog and a 5 month old baby in the back!! Not such a successful Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment