Friday 13 February 2015

Baby's summer wardrobe

I remember a few years ago my sister in law telling me that she loved choosing clothes for the kids when she went shopping and I have to admit, I never thought I'd be the same. Those were in the selfish days where I spent every last penny of my wages on me, the days where I'd plan my own outfits carefully if we were going out or going away. Nowadays I do the same for Henry. I wear whatever is clean and ironed, but Henry's clothes are planned carefully in advance. Every night before bed I get out his clothes for the next day and if we go away I know exactly what he'll wear every day; I LOVE dressing him. I would never have thought I'd be like this, especially about a little boy's clothes. Yes I could see myself getting excited over tutus and matching tights, but dungarees, really?! How things have changed.

My little one is 18 months old next month and is coming to the end of his 12-18month clothes now, boo hoo! He's really growing up. The worst part about it is the next size, 18-24m, is the last 'baby' size in the shops. In some shops it's not even a baby size; Next and Mothercare class my child as a younger boy, not a baby. How dare they?! Anyway we realised last week that we have virtually nothing in the next size. We have a few pairs of trousers, all of which are absolutely enormous still, but nothing else. Henry's next set of clothes need to see us right through the summer, so I've tried to buy a few things that can be layered up; t shirts that he can wear with long sleeved vests for the time being and thin-knit jumpers and cardis that can be worn outside in the summer or inside for now. Here are a few of my favourite bits that we bought, they're all from the current season so if any of them take your fancy, they should still be available. Who would have thought I would ever be excited by a small grey t shirt with a soldier on the front...perhaps I need to get out more!!

Little soldier t shirt - Boden 

Nautical Jumper - The White Company

Clockwise from top left:
Crab t shirt - Jojo Maman Bebe
Farm t shirt - Joules
Knitted hoodie - The White Company
Short dungarees - John Lewis
Shorts and t short set - John Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment