Tuesday 17 February 2015

Half Term Day 4 - Our adventure begins

This morning we packed up our car to start our little half term adventure together. Tomorrow we are meeting our friends in Norfolk to go 'glamping' so we decided to break the journey up a bit and spend today in a lovely hotel about half way there. 
When we arrived we checked in, sorted out our things and then went for a walk through the beautiful grounds. It was a stunning day and the gardens were just perfect. Henry walked so far and loved exploring. He particularly loved seeing the swans and ducks and I couldn't have been happier strolling around in the sunshine with my little family. 
Afterwards we all had a drink in the gorgeous lounge, complete with enormous open fire; beer for daddy, prosecco for mummy and orange juice for Henry who kept asking for juice while we were out on our walk.
We then went to the hotel pool for a little swim. It was absolutely freezing in the building but the water was warm and Henry loved splashing round with his mummy and daddy. I got him changed and handed him back to Mr B and even had a quick 5 minutes in the sauna before getting changed myself (shhh don't tell the boys, they just thought I was taking my time getting dressed!)
We decided to just go downstairs in the hotel for dinner and I'm glad we did, it was really good and so easy not having to drive anywhere. I then bathed Henry in the gorgeous roll-top bath and got him to sleep whilst Mr B went to the shop down the road for some wine and treats for us; we didn't really think past getting Henry to bed and realised that we were now stuck in our room at 7:30 at night with nothing to eat or drink and the tv has to be on very very quietly! Oh the glamorous life of parents.

So here I am sitting in a gorgeous hotel, watching my precious little one fast asleep in an enormous sofa bed and waiting for my husband to arrive back with our wine. What a lucky mummy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment