Tuesday 24 June 2014

A much calmer day in the life of a working mummy!

Well here it is, a much less stressful, quieter day than yesterday. I forgot to take photos of loads of things but you'll get the idea of how our day goes.

6:15 Wake up time and sleepy milk feed in bed for Henry. I actually love this time of morning. Henry is sleepy and cuddles in as he feeds, I enjoy the peace and closeness before a busy morning at work. Henry usually drifts back off after his feed which he did this morning. I then get ready while he sleeps.

7:00 Leave the house. I remember taking Henry to Tesco when he was 10 days old and it took me a good 2 hours to leave the house. Amazingly on a morning I can now get us both up and dressed in 45 minutes, I'd never have believed it possible if you'd told me 9 months ago. I drive to my Mum's and have a quick 5 minute chat with her before leaving for work.

7:45 At my desk with a long to-do list and a cup of lemon and ginger tea. Definitely quiet before the storm, so to speak!

9:00 The kids arrive and it's manic until I leave at 12:30. I was on playground duty today so I didn't even have a break.

12:45 Back at Mum's for lunch, a bacon sandwich today. What a treat. Henry is always SO excited to see me and this is probably one of my favourite times of the day.

13:30 Breastfeed and nap time for an hour back at home. Henry would usually have a longer nap but as we were seeing friends this afternoon, I had to wake him up. 

15:00 Off to a friend's house for tea and biscuits. I had black tea and Oreos, delicious. Totally forgot to get a photo but I took one of Henry's afternoon snack which we took with us for him to have with his little friend.

17:00 Playtime back at home. This is Henry's toy box in the kitchen and he loves sitting and pulling everything out while I get on with the cooking.

17:45 Henry's dinner time. This afternoon he had homemade chicken, tomato and herby pasta. I buy baby pasta and mix it with the same pasta sauce that I make for us, minus the salt. He ate loads and loved it!

18:00 Daddy's home!! This is Henry watching Daddy come through the door. He always gets a huge grin and cuddle when he comes home.
He came with treats for Mummy tonight too. He discovered the Morrisons Free From aisle and picked up these delights for me. Yummy. 

18:30 Our dinner time. Chicken, spinach and onion curry.

19:30 Baby's bath time which meant a 10 minute sit down for me while Daddy bathed Henry. I got time to start my blog.

19:45 Baby's bed time. He usually has a really long feed in bed before I put him into his cot. I love our last sleepy cuddles of the day so much.


20:00 TV and snack time. We are trying to be a bit healthier this week so we had some fruit whilst watching some tv. This is the time in the day where I have some time to myself or with Mr B. Mr B had work to do, so luckily for me I got to catch up on Keeping up with the Kardashians rather than watching football like usual!! Our eyes are always glued to the baby monitor and I had to go up and settle Henry a couple of times this evening before he settled properly for the night.

22:30 Shower and bed time. A busy, but very lovely day.










No comments:

Post a Comment