Thursday 5 June 2014

Calpol, caffeine, concealer and lots and lots of cuddles

My poor baby is poorly, we probably got less than 3 hours sleep all night last night as he was awake most of the night with a high temperature and feeling grotty with it. Perfectly timed with Daddy being away with work and it being my first week back! 
I hate feeling so helpless when he's ill and know that all I can do for him is give him plenty of my milk, cuddles and keep his temperature down if I can. I'm so glad that I'm still breastfeeding at times like this, he's hardly eaten in 24 hours but at least I know he's getting all the goodness and antibodies from my milk. Apart from that we are just snuggling and watching Thomas the Tank together. Being a mummy is by far the best thing in the world, but it's also the most stressful and worrying too. Fingers crossed he improves overnight tonight and my happy boy is back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment