Saturday 21 June 2014

Henry at 9 months

My little hen has officially lived outside my tummy as long as he lived inside! 9 whole months today. Here is his monthly update...

Weight: I haven't had Henry weighed this month but I'd imagine he'll be around 21 pounds now.

Routine: Henry has dropped this 3rd nap and now has a short morning nap of around half an hour and then a longer afternoon nap that is anywhere between 90 minutes and 3 hours. He gets up around 6:30am and goes to bed at 7:30pm.

Food: Henry eats 3 meals a day with snacks in between. His favourite thing is beef casserole, he can't get enough of it! Other things he loves are watermelon, rice cakes, carrot stick crisps and bread.

Sleep: Henry's sleep is definitely better than it was but it's still very hit and miss. We have great nights with only one wake up and then hideous nights with 6 wake ups! There's no reason for it or any pattern so I'm just going with it for the time being. I'm also trying to nap on an afternoon when he's asleep which definitely helps keep me sane and helps me function properly at work.

Sizes: Henry is in size 9-12 clothes and is wearing size 4+ nappies.

Milestones: 
• Henry now pulls himself up on pretty much anything, the cot, my trouser legs...you get the idea! He's much happier being on his feet, he always has been.
• Henry has properly crawled once for Marmar and Daddy. Typically I missed it as I was working and he hasn't repeated it properly since! He can move pretty far through shuffling, rolling and lunging forward though which he's doing lots of! 
•  He will now walk whilst we hold both of his hands. He's an expert in his baby walker too, it's so cute watching his little feet go.
• Henry claps has hands all the time. He'll do it when you ask him to and he's also started doing it when he's excited; when we build him a high tower with his blocks or when Marmar arrives!
• He is constantly babbling away. He says 'mamamama' over and over and is always blowing raspberries. He's definitely a very vocal baby.

That's it for this month. I miss him desperately while I'm at work but I love spending my afternoons with him and watching him grow up into the gorgeous little boy that he is. I can't believe he's almost a year old already.


No comments:

Post a Comment