Tuesday 20 May 2014

Birthday celebrations

So 27 turned out to be pretty perfect in terms of birthday celebrations. It started on Sunday afternoon when the 3 of us went for a nice walk by the river with the dog. It was a treat having Mr B home on a Monday and both George and Henry loved it.
We then got dressed for dinner in Zizzi's with Marmar and Parpar. Here's my little cutie pie enjoying his pasta.
Whose is whose?!
After dinner we went back to my Mum's for drinks and cake. Mr B had ordered me an egg free, dairy free vegan cake which was surprisingly tasty! Henry enjoyed watching the candles.
I love this photo of Henry with his Marmar. He absolutely adores her and this photo says it all really.
Birthday morning. After a lovely phone call from my niece and nephews singing 'happy birthday', I opened my pressies. So many lovely things.
Mr B was in charge of sorting out what we were doing today and he booked Rockliffe Hall spa for us which was such a treat. The last time I went I was 39 weeks pregnant with Henry and I've dreamt about it ever since! My mum had Henry and he was angel, I'm so grateful to have her so close by to help with him. 
Our spa day started off with juices.
And ended with a tapas lunch in the brasserie. So tasty.
Mr B's dessert looked way better than mine!
But as far as fruit salads go it was very tasty!
I really can't recommend Rockliffe spa enough. I've been quite a few times now and can't wait to go back again soon.
After picking up my little hen, we were both shattered so went for a snooze together when we got home. I missed him so much when we were out and it was lovely snuggling up for the afternoon.
Just to top off an already perfect day, we got Pavillion Chinese take away for dinner. Anyone from Durham that's been to The Pavillion will tell you how amazing it is and luckily it's only 2 minutes from us, so perfect for a take away. Look at my massive plate of food...I didn't finish it all but I had a good go, what a pig!

I've had a perfect day with my boys and am going to bed tonight a very happy lady. I can't wait to begin my 28th year and I really hope it's my best yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment