Tuesday 27 May 2014

Miserable baby, tired mama

If someone knows where my happy, easy-going baby has gone to, please let me know. I have an over-tired, sleep fighting, miserable little boy on my hands this week and let me tell you, it's hard work. We've been pretty lucky in that, despite Henry's allergies and reflux, he's always been a really happy little thing. A pleasure in fact.
According to my 'Wonder Weeks' app (which seems to be the holy grail of baby apps amongst mummy friends) we are going through a major mental leap in development. This would totally explain why Henry has been so grumpy this week but it could be lots of other things too. Teeth being a big one. If in doubt, blame teeth!! He also seems so frustrated that he can't crawl or get around quickly. He's so close to being able to do it but he's not quite there and it's making him very cross!!
Anyway I'm tired, he's tired and I'd love nothing more than a relaxing bath....but all this week he's woken up about 6 times before finally settling for the night so I doubt a bath is on the cards for me tonight. Ho hum...


Update 9:30pm
Miracles do happen and we only had one wake up which meant this happened...
Mr B went out to buy me wine and Parpar bought me some dairy free chocolate earlier so I had both in a hot bubble bath. What a treat. Fingers crossed for a happier baby tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment