Saturday 31 May 2014

Dear Henry - May 2014

My Little Pigwidgeon, it's almost June already! Only 3 months until your birthday month, how exciting. We have started to think about what we will do for your birthday but haven't made a decision yet. I can't believe how big you're getting. 

We went on our first holiday to Spain at the start of this month. You were such a good boy while we were there and slept on the plane both ways which was a relief. You loved the swimming pool and all the tasty Spanish food and you had your first taste of a biscuit...I've never seen so much mess! Mummy and Daddy will probably take you away again in August too but we haven't booked anything up yet. I think you must have similar dark skin to Daddy as you have little brown arms with white creases even though you were covered in factor 50, you look so cute. Your hair seems to get longer and blonder every time I look at you and your eyes are still really dark brown.

You are still loving your food. Beef casserole is definitely your favourite and you love cucumber and melon too. You have two gorgeous little teeth which has made eating a little bit easier for you too. You still love watching telly, the Gruffalo is your very favourite but you like In the Night Garden and Thomas the Tank Engine too. George the dog is your very favourite entertainment at the moment. You laugh at him all day long and smile as soon as you spot him, I think you two are going to be great friends as you grow up. When you're eating, George sits very close by and watches in case you drop anything. You've learnt to feed him though which is a bit naughty! Poor George knows he isn't allowed to take food from you but he can't resist when you're waving it right under his nose!!

You've been a bit grumpy over the last two weeks which has been totally unlike you. You've had a couple of absolute meltdowns while we've been out shopping and we've had to just come home. I'm not sure if you're struggling with teething or if you're getting frustrated that you can't move yet. You're so close to being able to crawl but you're not quite there yet and it's making you very cross!! It's definitely been more difficult for Mummy and Daddy than usual but you've seemed much happier the last day or two so hopefully it was just a phase and you'll be back to your happy self before long.

I'm back to work next week which I'm so upset about. You'll be going to Marmar's house while I'm at work and she's excited to have you. You love Marmar so I'm not worried about leaving you, I just wish I didn't have to. Poor Mummy cries every time I think about it. I'm sure it'll be fine though and it means we can afford lots of nice holidays and days out together. I've loved having so long off work to spend with you, it's been the best 9 months of my life, I wish it didn't have to end.

I love you so much beautiful boy, you are the very best thing to ever happen to me. I'm so glad that you're mine and I'm looking forward to another exciting month together as a little family.
Mummy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment