Thursday 1 May 2014

Cosy Day

Since being on maternity leave I've been to lots of lovely places and done exciting things but today was one of my favourite days so far. Today we've done absolutely nothing and loved every second.
This was the forecast when we checked yesterday...hideous! Perfect for a PJ day with my littlest hen though. We turned the heating on, put cosy PJs on and hibernated all day long.

I took advantage of being able to go back to bed with Henry at nap time and we had a lovely 2 hour snooze together. I will miss this SO much when I'm back at work. Not just the extra sleep, but the sleepy cuddles too.

We had plenty time to play together. We played, read books, sang songs and watched tv. Henry had my full attention all day.

After his lunch Henry went down in his cot for his afternoon nap and I took the opportunity to lie on the sofa with the blanket and just chilled out. I'm not sure I've done this for over 7 months. It was bliss. When Henry woke up he was still really sleepy and he fell asleep again for 10 minutes when I cuddled him in on the sofa. More sleepy cuddles for Mummy. He was in a really snuggly mood which I just love.


Overall a pretty perfect day with my little baby bee. We are now waiting for Daddy to get home and then we'll all have dinner before the craziness of bath and bedtime comes round again. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment