Friday 12 September 2014

Birchbox Review - September 2014

I can't believe it's that time of the month again! Here is the details of my September Birchbox...

This month I received:



Agave healing oil treatment - A really small sample bottle of hair oil that apparently boosts shine and colour. I usually use argan oil on my hair after I wash it, so it will be interesting to see how this compares.

Benefit 'It's Potent' eye cream - I generally really like Benefit products and an eye cream that promises to banish the dark circles and fine lines sounds good to me. The pot that it comes in is super cute too.

Skin & Co Sicilian light serum -  A daily face serum. I'm not hugely excited by this but I'll definitely try it out. I do tend to prefer serums to face creams as they don't tend to be as greasy and therefore I'm less likely to break out in spots because of them.

ModelCo power lash mascara - I like that we had a choice over which ModelCo item we received in our boxes this month, I'm really short on mascara so it'll be good to try out a new one.

Beautyblender & beautycleanser solid - I've wanted to try this for ages but could never justify spending £26 on a makeup sponge! It looks really interesting and comes with a solid cleanser that is used to clean the sponge after use.

(Lifestyle) Urban Fruit dried pineapple - Sorry that this is ripped open in the pics, I was starving so tucked in straight away and it was sooo good! I looked on the information card to see where I could get it, but was shocked to find that it costs £13.20 for 6 packs! Over £2 a packet is way too expensive for dried fruit so I'll probably be giving this a miss unless I find it cheaper elsewhere.

(Lifestyle) Birchbox Happy Days photo clip - I have to say, I was really disappointed with this item and it'll be going straight in the bin. A cheap plastic photo clip isn't the sort of thing a married mum of one has in her house, I'm not even sure my 13 year old self would have been impressed with this item. I understand that it's an extra...but it's just pretty pointless and cheapens the brand a bit in my opinion. 

Anyway I was pretty impressed with this month's box. Like I say, I really liked the option to choose a product and I hope that Birchbox will do this again. I also really liked the colours of this month's box compared to the usual brown, very bright and summery. I'm going to do a September Favourites post in the next few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to tell you more about some of these products if I'm impressed with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment