Friday 12 September 2014

No Moo - dairy free cake

Since giving up dairy and egg because of Henry's allergies, the things I've missed most have been yogurt and cake. I have yet to find a decent yogurt alternative but I have been experimenting with vegan baking at home. What I really miss is just being able to pick up a tasty cupcake or brownie while I'm out in town or at a farmers' market. I used to really enjoy buying a little treat if we went out on a Saturday and saving it to eat on the evening once Henry was asleep. God, I'm so rock n roll aren't I?!
Anyway, I discovered something amazing this week. After reading about loads of amazing vegan bakeries online (which are nearly all based in London), I finally found one near by. The north east isn't great for 'free from' items in general, the supermarkets don't stock a huge range; I just don't think there's the same demand for it up here as there is down south. I discovered Yo Moo dairy free cake company on Facebook and finally got a chance to visit their stall at a food and gift market at South Causey Inn in Stanley. It's a monthly market and I'll definitely be back next month, in fact I'll probably do a longer blog post on it then because it was great. 
Yo Moo sell dairy free cakes and brownies and some dairy free chocolate too. They had chocolate cupcakes and brownies that also were egg free, my idea of heaven at the moment.
The lady at the stall was so helpful and really lovely and I bought some brownies to put in the freezer, as apparently they freeze really well. I also bought 2 cupcakes and they were so so tasty, you'd never have guessed that they were egg and dairy free. 
So if you're a vegan or egg/dairy free and living in the north east, I really recommend tracking down No Muu, if you follow their Facebook page there's all the information on there about their stockists and markets they'll be attending soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment