Friday 26 September 2014

Bottomless Pit

The title of this blog post is referring to my child's stomach; I just can't fill him at the moment. He's drinking milk like there's no tomorrow, day and night. He's eating so much food, I don't think he's ever actually full.

Today he's eaten:

A bowl of porridge
Half a banana
3 rings of fresh pineapple
Raisins
A slice of apple cake 
A mini Oreo
Pea and mint soup
Trout pâté on toast (this makes me feel physically sick but he likes it)
Bread bun dipped in tomato soup (stolen from my lunch)
An iced fruit bun (the only non dairy item in M&S cafe!)
Ham and houmous on toast
BBQ chicken with rice, peas and sweetcorn
Asparagus spears, broccoli, butternut squash, carrot and baby corn
A large wedge of watermelon
Fresh mango
A bowl of shreddies
6 boob feeds 

Now that looks like an awful lot of food for a one year old to me. I'm really hoping there's a big growth spurt at this age, otherwise he's just turning into a greedy boy and our food shop is going to be a lot more expensive from now on! I'm so glad he'll eat anything, at least I'm not worrying about him eating too much plain pasta or toast...it's just a challenge varying his food so much when he's eating all day long. After writing this I counted 15 different fruits and vegetables that he's eaten today, so there are some positives about a baby that eats a lot I suppose!  Looks like a big food shop in Tesco for us this weekend...




No comments:

Post a Comment