Thursday 11 September 2014

Mummy to the rescue

I found myself cuddling and reassuring a poorly baby at 3am this morning. He'd just been really sick all over us both, the bed, several towels, the sheets etc. and he was so upset. I told him that his mummy was there and so nothing bad could happen to him. I cuddled him tight, kissed his hot sweaty head and he eventually settled.
I didn't settle though; I felt sick, sweaty and dizzy myself. Luckily for me it wasn't only Henry that had his mummy in the house, my mum had stayed over too. And thank God that she did. It wasn't the original plan, but with Mr B away with work and Henry being so poorly yesterday evening, she decided to stay over. So Marmar slept with Henry while I lay next to the en-suite in case of any mad toilet dashes. Not the best night of my life, I can assure you.
We've spent the day at Marmar's resting and being looked after. I can't count the number of nappies we've changed or the tiny feeds I've had to keep giving Henry to keep him hydrated. All I know is I have THE best mum in the world. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.
Actually I lie, I do know what I'd do without her. This morning I would have just been sitting in my living room crying with a poorly tummy, surrounded by sicky towels, a crying baby and dog sick (I kid you not...George decided to throw up his entire breakfast just for good measure) and I really wouldn't have known where to start!
So not one of our best days, in fact one of the very worst. But like I told Henry, when Mummy is there nothing bad can happen, and it turns out that's true at any age. Thanks, Muma xxx

Poorly mama and baba on the way to Marmar's this morning 

No comments:

Post a Comment