Saturday 6 September 2014

Jus Roll Cinnamon Swirls - A review

If you read my blog regularly you'll know that I picked up this kit to make cinnamon swirls earlier in the week, along with a pack for croissants and a pack for pain au chocolat. The main reason that I bought them was because they were egg and dairy free, something that's pretty unheard of when it comes to tasty pastries. Here are the ingredients for those of you with allergies...


Inside the box is basically a roll which contains the pastry and cinnamon spread and then a little pot containing the icing sugar to make up the icing to go on top.
All you need to do is cut the dough into 6 rounds and place on a greaseproof sheet
They needed around 15mins in the oven and voila...perfect pastries! The packet did say that if you wanted them to be glossy, you could use apricot jam before cooking, but I didn't have any so they didn't look quite as good as the ones on the packet.
There's nothing quite like a pastry, freshly cooked from the oven. I always think the pre-baked supermarket ones always taste a bit stale, so to have fresh ones is a real treat. They'd be great if you had people over for breakfast or brunch and wanted to cook something tasty.

Overall I was really impressed with these and will definitely be buying them again for a tasty weekend breakfast. I'll be trying out the croissants and pain au chocolat soon and hopefully they'll be just as good, I'll let you know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment