Friday 5 September 2014

Quiet contentment on a Friday evening

I love Fridays. They've always been my favourite day of the week; there's nothing quite like that 'Friday feeling' that you get driving home after work. That feeling is ten times better than ever before, now I'm driving home to Henry. I can't even explain how happy I felt driving home at lunchtime today; I've worked so hard all week once Henry's been in bed which means that I have no work that needs doing this weekend. All that lies in front of me are 3 nights and 2 days off with my gorgeous boys. Here's how we spent our afternoon and evening today...

Once I got home and changed, I took Henry out on his little trike. My sister in law kindly gave us this as a hand-me-down from my youngest nephew and Henry just loves it! In fact, this photo is from yesterday because every time I stopped the trike today to take a pic he screamed at me to keep pushing him. Spoilt boy. The sun was shining and we had a lovely little wander around the estate.

It was then nap time and I decided to go back to bed too. We had a a lovely hour and a half snuggling together. When Henry woke up he was in such a cute mood, so happy and snuggly, so we hung out in bed for a while.
After playing for a while it was Henry's dinner time. He had breadsticks, beef casserole and tropical fruit pudding (basically coconut milk with crushed pineapple and bananas, thickened up with some ground rice). He ate the lot, he really is so easy to feed. Here he is using his sippy cup himself like a big boy. 

We then watched some tv together and for some reason Henry just wants to stand up at the tv at the moment! It can't possibly be comfortable but he seems to enjoy it.

Once Mr B was home and George was walked, he went to pick up a takeaway from The Pavillion. It's by far the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to and a take-away was a much needed treat after being healthy all week.

Once Henry was bathed and in bed we out on our PJs and finally watched some Prison Break. Like I said, I've spent every evening this week working so we've had withdrawal symptoms from the lack of Prison Break, we'll definitely be catching up this weekend.


So that's it. No glamour, parties or alcohol...just very quiet contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment