Tuesday 30 September 2014

Getting old

I've never been a party animal but I am definitely getting old these days.
To be fair, when I was younger all I ever wanted was to have a family to look after and that's exactly what I've got. I've had such an average type of day today but I feel so happy and lucky, despite the fact that I'm feeling a teensy bit old.

I had a really busy morning at work, but I know that I taught two really good lessons and I know that the children really learnt something from what we did today...always a good start!! I then had lunch at my mum's and had a chat before taking a sleepy boy home for his nap. I was shattered so decided to join him and we had a lovely snooze together for an hour. When Henry wakes up he's always in a gorgeous mood and today was no different. We snuggled, sang and played in bed for a while and my little one was all smiles...

After we got up, I started tea: sausage and bean casserole. We eat this a lot as we all (Henry included) love it so much. All the ingredients were from the farm shop at the weekend. You really know you're getting old when you get a lot of pleasure over organic ingredients and getting 10 different vegetables into one meal!!

We're all off out for a dog walk now while we wait for tea to cook and then we're having a quiet night in. I don't wish I was going out for dinner and drinks or a wild night out, I have all I need right here with me...even if that does make me old.

No comments:

Post a Comment