Monday 24 February 2014

Foodie Monday

I wanted to start the week off healthily so made this for breakfast
Organic Greek yogurt with cherry compote and handmade organic granola.  It was SO good, will definitely be having it more often. Loving my granola from the farmers' market too, may have to go back in a couple of weeks for some more. It definitely beats my usual breakfast of jam on toast or a banana on the go! I had it with a chai latte and a glass of apple juice.

We then had our first organic fruit and veg box delivered from a local farm. We are going to start weaning Henry this week and wanted to make sure we always have a range of fruit and veg in the house as Mr B and I tend to always pick up the same old things in the supermarket.
The veg box contains old potatoes, baking potatoes, new potatoes, onions, carrots, parsnips, sprouts, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, swede and green beans. The fruit contains raspberries, green and red grapes, bananas, pears, red and green apples and satsumas. Tasty! Can't wait to get cooking, pureeing and mashing for Henry.

For dinner we decided to use up some of the veg so we had roast lamb. We didn't have a roast yesterday because Mr B made a paella instead so a Monday roast dinner it was. We had leg of lamb, roast potatoes, sweet potato and swede mash, cabbage and sprouts with onion gravy. I love being off work and having time to do lovely dinners like this during the week. I meant to take a photo but we had finished by the time I remembered! Will be doing bubble and squeak with the leftovers tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment