Tuesday 11 February 2014

Holiday Day 5 - A day of chilling our beans

I used to hate doing nothing. I always wanted to know what was happening next and where we were going. Today I have loved it. I've loved just sitting in the armchair snuggling the sleepy Pigwidgeon. I've loved not having the tele on or a book to read. I've loved just sitting listening to the wind and rain outside.

To be fair we haven't done 'nothing' all day, it's just been lovely and chilled out.

Mr B and I got up this morning and went out for a posh breakfast date to Titchwell Manor, where we ate our body weight in delicious breakfast and drank endless cups of tea and coffee. M&P had Henry for us so we could enjoy our first quiet breakfast for 5 months. No making silly noises to make the baby smile, no Nellie the Elephant and no balancing the baby on one knee while eating one handed. That said, I missed him like mad. Being away for an hour felt like days and I loved coming home and kissing his perfect, soft blonde hair and breathing in his beautiful smell.
Henry had an epic nap this afternoon (over 3 hours!) so I used that as an excuse to sit down, put my feet up and snuggle him for hours on end...perfect.

We went to the pub down the road for a drink this evening then brought fish and chips home for our tea. Here's the big boy in his high chair.

Not the most rock and roll day we've ever had, but just what we needed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment