Friday 14 February 2014

Where real life came before Valentine's Day

The plan was Mr B was going to make me breakfast in bed. He'd bought me little heart egg cups and a toast rack. We'd open our Valentine's cards and then would then get an early start on the road so we were home nice and early. We'd then go to my Mum's for dinner to see my brother and his family for the evening.

What actually happened was that we both have a sickness bug/food poisoning. I slept terribly and Mr B wasn't out of the bathroom after 6am. We managed to pack the car and drive to Newark with countless toilet/services/bushes stops. Mr B was then so ill that we had to get him a room at a Premier Inn, there was no way he was going to make it back to Durham. That left me, a baby and a dog to drive back to Durham in a storm with a slightly dodgy tyre. Seriously bad times.

So today I learnt that real life sometimes doesn't make room for the hearts and flowers that Valentine's Day usually brings. Sometimes you just have to 'man-up' and get on with it. We are safe, much worse things could have happened on the journey home, I know that. Valentine's day will have to wait until Mr B finally gets home and this stupid sickness bug does one. Oh and I forgot to mention the gas bill, tax disc reminder and £60 fine for driving in a bus lane (Mr B, not me) that were waiting for me at home. Today really wasn't my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment