Friday 28 February 2014

Dear Henry (February 2014)

My little pigwidgeon,

Another month has passed us by. I love being off work with you. I love that our days pass us by in a happy blur and I get to spend every minute of the day with you. We are in our own little bubble really, Mummy often forgets that 'real life' is happening outside of our house. Our days consist of feeds, nappy changes and playing. You got a new walker this month and you love being in it. You still love your door bouncer too, anything that lets you be on your feet. We see your baby friends during the week too, it's lovely to see you all growing up together.

You went on your first little holiday this month to Norfolk. We went for a week and Marmar and Parpar came with us for 4 days. You were such a good boy the whole time, we loved having you with us. The only times that were stressful were the journeys both ways! On the way there you cried for about 3 and a half hours! We don't know what was wrong with you, I think you were bored and wanted to be out of your seat but who knows. Poor Daddy was really stressed in the front and I was in the back trying desperately to make you happier. Then on the way home Daddy was poorly and couldn't stop being sick so we had to drop him at a hotel in Newark and I had to get you and George home safely on my own. What a disaster! You were an angel in the car though, well done little one.

You've finally started drinking milk from a cup so Mummy was able to leave you with Marmar for a few hours while I got my hair done. I really missed you and I raced home to you as soon as I was finished. What a silly mummy. You were fine though, you are a really good baby, we are so lucky. 

You are rolling around a lot more now and you are getting much stronger when you're sitting up...you're so close to being able to do it all by yourself with no one holding you. 

You're still sleeping badly at night but you have 3 good naps during the day so that's good. Mummy has got used to having no sleep and I do love our snuggles in the night too. Sometimes I lie awake and just watch you, even though I'm really tired and should be asleep.

A couple of days ago you had your first ever food. We started you off with carrot purée and you weren't really sure what to make of it. You had a few mouthfuls though so that's a start. You much preferred parsnip which you tried the next day, you even cried when there was none left! You are such a big boy sitting in your highchair, you sit in it every evening while Mummy and Daddy eat their tea. I can't believe how quickly you're growing up sweetheart...I wish time would slow down a little.

I love you so much beautiful boy. Every night before you go to sleep I tell you that I love you to the moon and back again, to infinity and beyond, and forever and ever.
 
Lots of love,
Mummy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment