Friday 7 February 2014

Holiday Day 1 - journey from hell

The day didn't start off well. I got Henry dressed in his comfy outfit to travel in and I put on clean jeans and a vest top. I hate clean jeans so planned to wear them in during the week away. I then ran around packing last minute bits and finally sat down to feed Henry...he then sat up from his feed and proceeded to bring the WHOLE of his feed up all over himself and my jeans. Ahhhh. Changing our outfits for a second time and a load of washing were not on my 'to do' list this morning. Nevermind.
We eventually got on the road about 3:30. Henry slept for 40 mins of the 4 and a half hour journey. The rest of the time he was crying or at least whinging. I fed him, sang to him, checked his nappy, played with him...nothing worked. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a car with a crying baby and not being able to do anything. He was fine when we stopped at the services so all I can think was he just wanted to be out of his car seat. Hopefully he'll be better when we drive home next week...dreading it already.
Anyway we've arrived safe and sound, car is unpacked. The neighbours probably think we are moving in permanently judging by the amount of stuff we brought with us. The house is gorgeous. George is in his element and can smell the sea, Henry has had a bath and is happily snuggling his Daddy, Mr B has a cold beer and I have a glass of rosé. All is good.
Very big sofa, very little human

No comments:

Post a Comment